Employment Opportunities in Petoskey, MI
Join the Brown Motors Team!
Brown Motors Ford Lincoln Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Petoskey has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Automotive Technician with Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram factory training. This position presents an opportunity to join a growing business and progress your career in automotive repair. Signing Bonus optional for the right candidate,
- Competitive pay
- On-the-job training
- We promote from within- a commitment we are passionate about
- No late evenings
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time*
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plans*
*Terms and conditions apply
What you'll do
As an Automotive Technician, you will help drive the continued success of Brown Motors by providing reliable and impeccable preventative maintenance and repair services. You will act as a trusted advisor to our customers, evaluating their needs and performing maintenance and repairs to keep their vehicles serviced and safe on the road.
How you'll succeed
- Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
- ASE certifications are required.
- Hold a valid driver's license.
- Graduated from an associate degree program in auto maintenance and repair.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- May lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience as a lube technician, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Understanding of automotive air-conditioning systems.
- Ability to use the diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with heavy equipment and as a diesel mechanic, diesel engine knowledge, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- You are friendly and ready to work as part of a customer-focused team
- Have an eagerness to learn
- Have full mobility and the ability to work with your hands above your head
- Can stand for extended periods of time and climb stairs